Las Vegas – who hasn’t heard of the place, who doesn’t want to go there! If you can imagine it, Las Vegas finds a way of letting you do it. Hit the place and let your fantasies run wild.
Even if you can only spare 5 days to go there, then you still experience this unique place and have memories that last a lifetime. Our mini location guide suggests some of the attractions that lie in wait during a 5-day visit:
- what would Las Vegas be if not for its casinos – and the glamorous W hotel has one right next door, so you don’t need to go far to get off on the right foot;
Do a city tour
- the city’s Big Bus Tour gives you an ideal way of seeing as much of the city in the most convenient and speediest way;
- this is no place to keep your feet on the ground, though, so you might prefer the “High Roller” for a bird’s eye view of the city;
- at 550- ft. tall, this big wheel is said to be the highest in the world, with 28 all-glass viewing pods each holding 40 people;
- but this is Las Vegas and the place to go wilder than a tame bus tour or the local version of the London Eye – so why not try your hand at sky-diving;
- this being Las Vegas, you don’t even need to mess up your hair in the open air and you don’t have much of a head for heights anyway – so try your hand at sky-diving indoors;
Do a world tour
- Las Vegas is famous for its themed hotels. You can do a tour of the world whilst not leaving the area – (Think: Paris and the Eiffel Tower, Italy’s Lake Como the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and Central Park and much, much more);
- in this most American of cities, no self-respecting visitors is likely to pass up the chance of getting their hands on the power of a machine gun;
- there is an indoor shooting range, just 10 minutes off the famous strip, where you can blast away to your heart’s content with machine guns, other automatics and historic weaponry.
Do a desert tour
It may be hard to believe when you are in the hustle and bustle of the city that Las Vegas is actually built in a desert. This means that you don’t need to go far out of the city if you want to experience desert life.
There are a number of tours including the Death Valley Tour where you’ll travel through the scenic Mojave Desert, and visit the Ubehebe Crater, the remnants of a long-ago imploded volcano. You also get to visit the Rhyolite Ghost Town too.
Just 5 days?
Only 5 days in the city? It’ll probably feel like a lifetime. That’s just the stuff that the Las Vegas dream machine is made of.
And while Las Vegas is big, bold and glitzy, it doesn’t have to be expensive to stay in one of the luxury hotels there, thanks to the way in which many sections of the hospitality industry work.
When a new hotel opens, it needs to advertise its presence and make sure of a steady stream of first guests through the door – it’s their way of getting across the message of it being a great place to stay. As an incentive to attracting those first guests, a lot of hotels offer special, promotional discounts.
Finding those hotels and arranging those first bookings is our speciality here at Be The First so why not browse our site and see what we have to offer?